- 3 Tablespoons raw sugar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded jicama
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- To caramelize walnuts, combine sugar and water over medium heat. Do not stir, but swirl pan by handle to dissolve sugar.
- When liquid becomes clear, it will start to bubble. Cook for 5 minutes, until bubbles are thick and heavy.
- Add walnuts, stirring in syrup until it is all gone. Allow to cool.
- Mix vegan mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey and cayenne.
- Place shredded vegetables and fennel seed in a large bowl. Stir in mayonnaise mixture and chill for 2 hours. Top with caramelized walnuts before serving. Enjoy!