on Tuesday - April 18, 2017
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for a full time Clerk II Chill/Frozen Buyer at our Honolulu store. This is a supervisory role, Clerk II's must exhibit a passion for learning our DTE culture and lifestyle. In addition, Clerk II's must demonstrate good customer service skills and leadership.
- Know, understand, and support the company's purpose as stated in its mission statement, core values, and other corporate governing documents.
- Know, understand, and follow the company's policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook and other documents.
- Know, understand, and follow all department policies and procedures.
- Find more efficient ways to do the job and seek to reduce costs and improve productivity and profitability.
- Work cooperatively with all fellow team members to ensure the success of the business doing whatever is necessary, even if it is not specified within this job description.
- Attendance at work is regular and punctual.
- Attend mandatory meetings.
- Manage and maintain sale signs and shelf tags.
- Check sale signs and shelf tags regularly and replace as needed.
- Print and put up sale signs and shelf tags from promo groups and price changes.
- Check end caps for signs and ensure the product is ringing up on sale.
- Print sale signs and shelf tags as requested.
- Merchandising will take up 1 -- 2 shifts per week.
- Keep a purchasing calendar and follows an order schedule.
- Keep order cards current.
- Complete orders on time.
- Keep within a purchasing budget.
- Accurately count chill / frozen back stock. This will be 2 -- 3 shifts a week.
- Help with the counting of Quarterly Inventory (sometimes monthly).
- Direct the chill / frozen clerks and ensure they are productive throughout their shift. Ensure that the chill / frozen stocking schedule is being followed and audit Clerk I's aisles weekly.
- Recognize priorities, and ensure they are taken care of. Keep the chill / frozen department always stocked.
- Make sure that chill / frozen team members are fronting & facing between 12-1pm & 4-5pm.
- Ensure that the chill / frozen teams have their phones on them at the beginning of their shift and are being re-charged at the end of the night.
- Supervising will be part of the job every day.
Starting Pay Range
Starting Pay: $13 - $16 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential raises) are once per year.
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, access to free nutritional supplements in our Wellness Dept, 401k and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: http://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Submit an electronic or paper application to your store of interest. Please see our employment page for details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background matches with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Kailua, Pearlridge, Kapolei and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
We look forward to your application!