on Tuesday - October 17, 2017
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for full-time deli supervisor at our Kapolei store. Willingness to learn, support, and promote a healthy lifestyle is a plus.
Successfully supervise a Down to Earth deli department by overseeing the daily production of food, ensure that all team members are performing duties properly and making sure team is serving customers properly and in a friendly courteous manner. Morning duties includes prepping hot bar maps and daily production list, place orders with local and mainland vendors, receive orders, check off all items on invoices sign and date invoices, put away the items received, rotate stock. Evening task includes prepping entrees, soups, chili, sauces, etc., prep vegetables by hand, perform a large amount of work with a knife, properly cool all preps and store them in the outside walk ins. Make items from the sandwich and drink menus, and help serve customers out front when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Previous Supervisory experience, natural food retail experience preferred at least six (6) months.
- Previous cooking experience, preferably of at least six (6) months, good knife skill preferred.
- Basic cooking skills: follow recipes and measurements accurately.
- Ability to read, write and speak English well and be an effective communicator.
- Must have career goals and stay up to date on Food Trends.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit and must have the ability to coach team members, and address concerns when it happens.
- Must support the Down to Earth culture and our team member values.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs and offer fast, friendly and efficient service and able to manage dealing with customers in a variety of situations and personalities.
- Know, understand, follow and ensure customers receive a 100% satisfactory experience by constantly utilizing the 10/4 rule -10ft make eye contact, 4ft acknowledge and greet the customer, Get it for them- accurately, politely, and enthusiastically(APE).
- Ensuring the deli is following all Merchandising golden rules.
- Able to regularly safely lift a minimum of 25 pounds and meet the physical demands of the job.
- Must be able to work various shift times and must have an open availability.
Starting Pay Range
Starting Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
We generally provide our team members with a fixed schedule so they are able to plan out their lives outside of work!
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, nationwide pet insurance benefit, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application at https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background matches with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Kailua, Pearlridge, and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Manager on Duty at DTE Kapolei
We look forward to your application!