on Monday - May 28, 2018
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for a full-time Assistant Kitchen Manager in our Deli department at our Honolulu store. Willingness to learn and support and promote a healthy lifestyle is a plus. This person will be responsible for profitability, customer service, operational performance, and assist in the successful achievement of all department goals for the Deli Department.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
1. At least 2 years' experience in food service
2. NRA Safe Serve certified or willing to attain within one year of being in the position
3. Knowledge of sanitary food handling and preparation techniques
4. Supervisory experience preferred
5. Knowledge of products and trends in the natural foods and conventional food service industry
6. Ability to read and analyze financial statements
7. Ability to handle multiple demands and follow through on commitments
8. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of stakeholders including team members, suppliers, customers, and management
9. Experience serving the public
10. Friendly, courteous manner in dealing with a variety of situations and personalities
11. Ability to read, write, and speak English well
12. Experience and competence with Microsoft Office software
13. Must be able to work in any store on Oahu
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, access to free nutritional supplements in our Wellness Dept, 401k and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: http://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting pay: Salaried position, 9 hour days with 1/2 hour lunch break.
How to apply: Submit an electronic application at https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply.
It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Kakaako, Kailua, Pearlridge, and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
Great teams, easy to get along with
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D.
Assistant Manager at DTE Kakaako
We look forward to your application!