on Tuesday - December 4, 2018
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for part-time baker position at our Kapolei store. Willingness to learn, support, and promote healthy lifestyle is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Exhibits high standards of ethics, honesty, trust, accountability & respect at all times.
- Able to respond promptly to customer needs and manages difficult or emotional customer situations well, and offer fast friendly and efficient service.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Baking and cooking skills: follow recipes and measurements accurately.
- Previous natural foods retail experience preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience to include cake decorating.
- Experience preferred in culinary field/high volume bakery of 1 year.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrates a desire to work in a customer service and team environment.
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to follow direction.
- All positions require organizational skills and the abilities to safely lift 30 - 50 lbs and respond promptly to customer needs.
- Completed culinary education program or equivalent work experience.
- Food Safety Certification.
- Creates and designs specialty desserts.
- Decorate cakes and other specialty desserts.
- Presents and discusses special bakery orders with customers.
- Creates complex formulations using innovative production techniques.
- Creative merchandising of all bakery products.
- Train, lead, & inspire team members.
Starting Pay Range
$12.00 - $13.50 per hour, commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
Flexible availability desired, with the ability to work nights and weekends; please make sure to state your availability and not your desired schedule on your application. We generally provide our team members with a fixed schedule so they are able to plan out their lives outside of work!
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, pet insurance, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application at https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Kakaako, Pearlridge, Kailua, and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Assistant Store Manager at DTE Kakaako
We look forward to your application!