on Friday - January 18, 2019
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for a full-time Grocery Clerk in our Kapolei Store. Willingness to learn and support and promote a healthy lifestyle is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Able to be friendly and helpful in dealing with customers and with a variety of situations and personalities.
- Able to read, write, and speak English well.
- Able to work well with others as a member of a team.
- Able to follow directions with a good attitude.
- Able to regularly safely lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be detail oriented so we can minimize expenses and loss.
- Must be willing to work mornings, nights, and weekends.
- Standing: frequently (e.g. customer service, stocking, receiving)
- Walking: frequently (e.g. store walkthroughs, customer service, stocking, purchasing, general business
- Climbing: occasional e.g. (ladders up to 6 feet above ground, stairs)
- Lifting: frequently up to 15 pounds, occasionally up to 30 pounds, rarely up to 50 pounds (e.g. stocking, customer service)
- Carrying: frequently up to 15 pounds, occasionally up to 30 pounds, rarely up to 50 pounds (stocking, customer service)
- Pushing/Pulling: occasionally up to 50 pounds (e.g. stocking, customer service)
- Stooping, bending and kneeling: occasionally (e.g. stocking, purchasing)
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, nationwide pet insurance benefit, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting Pay Range
Starting Pay: $12.00 - $13.50 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to apply
Submit an electronic application at https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply.
It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Kailua, Pearlridge, Kapolei, and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Assistant Store Manager at DTE Kakaako
We look forward to your application!