on Thursday - March 14, 2019
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for a full-time Produce Manager in our Kahului store.
Successfully supervise a Down to Earth Produce Department and to purchase high quality organic and local produce. The Kahului Produce Manager is an integral member of the Kahului Store Management Team, responsible for produce department profitability, customer service, operational performance, and the successful implementation of produce business plans. To receive, stock and attractively display produce. To supervise and guide department clerks, making sure that everyone is doing their job. To assist customers quickly, accurately and in a pleasant manner, while offering exceptional customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience Required:
1. Exhibits high standards of ethics, honesty, trust, accountability & respect at all times.
2. Able to be friendly and helpful in dealing with customers and with a variety of situations and personalities.
3. Able to read, write, and speak English well.
4. Able to work well with others as a member of a team.
5. Able to follow directions with a good attitude.
6. Able to regularly safely lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
7. Good listening skills.
8. Know the team that you are supervising and their level (some need more direction than others).
9. Good communication (know what kind of personality people have and how you should speak to them).
10. Know, understand, follow and ensure customers receive a 100% satisfactory experience by constantly utilizing the 10/4 rule
-10ft make eye contact, 4ft acknowledge and greet the customer, Get it for them- accurately, politely, and enthusiastically (APE).
1. Business Degree preferred, at least one year of produce experience is desirable, but less formal education and more on-the-job
experience may be substituted.
2. Friendly, courteous manner in dealing with a variety of situations and personalities.
3. Good organizational skills as well as an ability to motivate and communicate effectively with staff.
4. Familiar with word processing software and spreadsheets.
5. Follow instructions, respond to management direction, and perform other work-related duties as assigned.
1. Conduct quarterly inventory ensuring all products on hand are accurately accounted for.
2. Attend and actively participate in the Quarterly Store and Department Review Meetings.
3. Attend and actively participate in the yearly Store and Department Planning Meetings.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
Overall Produce Department Management:
1. Responsible for overall produce department profitability and developing and implementing the produce business plans.Ensure
products are priced according to budgeted department markups and that the correct prices are on the signs and in the cash registers.
2. Responsible for all aspects of produce operations including customer service, product quality and presentation, cleanliness,
team member productivity, safety, receiving of goods, and communication with satellite produce departments on Oahu.
3. Responsible for all produce department matters and making sound decisions as needed.
4. Ensure that the Good Organic Retailing Practices (GORP) standards are being followed by all department team members.
5. Deal with all situations that arise: customer, team member, equipment issues etc.
6. Ensure that all produce equipment is well maintained, cleaned and serviced regularly.
7. Ensure that all produce areas (display areas, prep areas, walk-in coolers, dry storage etc.) are kept well organized and that products are properly rotated.
8. Ensure checklists are used.
9. Team member supervision: make sure team members are working productively, offering good customer service/acknowledgment.Administrative duties, scheduling, process invoices.
Flexible availability desired, with the ability to work nights and weekends; please make sure to state your availability and not your desired schedule on your application
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, nationwide pet insurance benefit, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting Pay Range:
$16 - $18 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential raises) are once per year.
"31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!"
How to Apply:
For any position, submit an electronic or paper application to your store(s) of interest. Please see our employment page for more details. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!