on Tuesday - May 7, 2019
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has openings for a part-time delivery driver at our Honolulu store. Willingness to learn, support, and promote a healthy lifestyle is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
1. Good organizational skills - detail oriented, accurate so we can minimize expenses and loss.
2. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Must be willing to work mornings, nights, and weekends.
4. Load truck with pallets of dry products, chill, frozen, produce and other goods scheduled for delivery.
5. Determines the most efficient order of loading.
6. Uses a cell phone to report on the progress of deliveries, i.e. heavy traffic/parking issues.
7. Delivers and unloads materials and goods to the other stores. Distribute inter-departmental mail accurately.
8. Picks up deli food, transfers, returns and items for delivery to other stores. Verifies goods received against packing slips and signs receipt. Ensure deli foods are packed properly for transportation to arrive at the store location in sellable condition.
9. Reports to Store Manager/MOD and gets his/her approval & signature before leaving each store.
10. Maintains simple records of deliveries and truck mileage by using the Drivers Manifest and Drivers Checklist.
11. Follows maintenance schedule for having the truck serviced. Takes other vehicles for service when instructed to do so. Reports any mechanical problems to the Warehouse Operations Manager.
12. Maintains current medical clearance.
13. Upkeep, cleanliness, and maintenance of company vehicles.
1. Standing: frequently (e.g. customer service, stocking, receiving)
2. Walking: frequently (e.g. store walkthroughs, customer service, stocking, purchasing, general business)
3. Climbing: occasional (e.g. ladders up to 6 feet above the ground, stairs)
4. Lifting: frequently up to 15 pounds, occasionally up to 30 pounds, rarely up to 50 pounds (e.g. stocking, customer service)
5. Carrying: frequently up to 15 pounds, occasionally up to 30 pounds, rarely up to 50 pounds (e.g. stocking, customer service)
6. Pushing/Pulling: occasionally up to 50 pounds (e.g. stocking, customer service)
7. Stooping, bending and kneeling: occasionally (e.g. stocking, purchasing)
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, nationwide pet insurance benefit, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting Pay Range
Starting Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to apply
Submit an electronic application at https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply.
It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Kakaako, Kailua, Pearlridge, Kapolei, and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Assistant Store Manager at DTE Kakaako
We look forward to your application!