on Friday - August 16, 2019
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for Produce Clerk at Down to Earth Kailua. Willingness to learn and support and promote a healthy lifestyle is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Exhibits high standards of ethics, honesty, trust, accountability & respect at all times.
- Able to be friendly and helpful in dealing with customers and with a variety of situations and personalities.
- Able to read, write, and speak English well.
- Reasonable proficiency with computers and programs, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Able to work well with others as a member of a team.
- Able to follow directions with a good attitude.
- Able to regularly safely lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
Essential Job Functions
- Find out what the customer wants: engage customers by using the 10/4 Rule: If a customer is within 10 feet, make eye contact with the customer and smile. If a customer is within 4 feet, visibly acknowledge the customer and greet them
- Either get the product, or take the customer to the product, or to the department/area of the store, that the customer is asking about - accurately, politely, and enthusiastically (APE)
- Attendance at work is regular and punctual
- Be productive
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, nationwide pet insurance benefit, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting Pay Range
Starting Pay: $12.00 - $13.50 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here:
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application at https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Kakaako, Kahului (Maui), Pearlridge, and Kapolei. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Asst. Store Manager at DTE Kakaako
We look forward to your application!