on Tuesday - January 19, 2021
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for an Assistant Wellness Manager at our Kahului store. The Assistant Wellness Manager must exhibit a passion for learning our DTE culture and the successful achievement of all department goals.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- At least two years retail experience
- At least one years experience in purchasing, merchandising and selling supplements
- Knowledge of, interest in and personal use of the products
- Formal education or training in natural health, nutrition and/or healing preferred
- Ability to learn and retain information and knowledge about the products, each product has its own story, its features, benefits and uses
- Friendly, courteous manner in dealing with a variety of situations and personalities
- Good organizational skills as well as an ability to motivate and communicate effectively with staff
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well
- Able to use word processing software and spreadsheets for simple tasks
- Able to regularly safely lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Find more efficient ways to do the job and seek to reduce costs and improve productivity and profitability.
- Observe safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
- Follow standard department procedures and guidelines for daily duties.
- Assist with carrying out and special orders as needed.
- Assist with the receiving, price checking, price changing, stocking, back stocking, purchasing, merchandising, and inventory of all Wellness Department products.
- Assist with pricing, dating, marking down, re-pricing, pulling, shrinking, transferring, facing, fronting, and rotating products in accordance with company and department guidelines.
- After a maximum of one month in the position, must be ordering more than 2 vendor orders for each day worked. Weekly orders will count as one, bi-weekly count as ½, large monthly orders count as ½, small monthly count as ¼. A requirement of the position is placing small orders as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete administrative duties such as invoice coding and batch preparation, counting Out of Stocks, compiling weekly purchase totals for the purchase budget, filling out and managing Price Check and Price Change spreadsheets.
- Keep floors, shelves, and bins clean and orderly.
- Build end caps and case stacks per schematics/design and stock and place signs and supplies as needed.
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, nationwide pet insurance benefit, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting Pay Range
Starting Pay: $16 - $18 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application at https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Kakaako, Kailua, Pearlridge, and Kapolei. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Manager on Duty at DTE Kapolei
We look forward to your application!