on Wednesday - March 3, 2021
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for a full-time Lead Baker at our Kahului store. This position is responsible for overseeing all baking operations, helping to improve the Kahului Deli and providing quality food service to customers.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills Required
- Exhibits high standards of ethics, honesty, trust, accountability & respect at all times.
- Able to respond promptly to customer needs and manages difficult or emotional customer situations well, and offer fast, friendly and efficient service
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit
- Baking and cooking skills: follow recipes and measurements accurately
- Previous Baking experience, preferably of at least six (6) months, good knife skills preferred
- Previous natural foods retail experience preferred
Essential Job Functions
- Find out what the customer wants: engage customers by using the 10/4 Rule: If a customer is within 10 feet, make eye contact with the customer and smile. If a customer is within 4 feet, visibly acknowledge the customer and greet them
- Either get the product, or take the customer to the product, or to the department/area of the store, that the customer is asking about - accurately, politely, and enthusiastically (APE)
- Attendance at work is regular and punctual
- Be productive
- Completed a culinary education program or equivalent work experience.
- Food Safety Certification.
- Creates and designs specialty desserts.
- Decorate cakes and other specialty desserts.
- Presents and discusses special bakery orders with customers.
- Creates complex formulations using innovative production techniques.
- Creative merchandising of all bakery products.
- Train, lead, & inspire team members.
- Bread making
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, pet insurance, credit union membership, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting Pay Range
Starting Pay: $16 - $18 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application at https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Pearlridge, Kailua, Kapolei, and Kakaako. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Assistant Manager at DTE Kakaako
We look forward to your application!