The Assistant Deli Managers are responsible for helping oversee, manage and direct the deli team members, and helping to develop and improve the Deli and providing quality food service to customers.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills Required
- At least one years’ experience in food service, with six months in a management position, preferably running a restaurant or deli.
- NRA Safe Serve certified or willing to attain within one year of being in the position.
- Knowledge of sanitary food handling and preparation techniques.
- Supervisory experience – hiring, training, evaluating, directing, motivating.
- Must be able to work in any store on the island they live on.
- Previous cooking experience, preferably of at least six (6) months, good knife skills preferred.
- Basic cooking skills: follow recipes and measurements accurately.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Previous natural foods retail experience preferred.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs and manages difficult or emotional customer situations well, and offer fast, friendly and efficient service.
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, nationwide pet insurance benefit, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting Pay Range
Starting Pay: $21.25 - $23.75 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application at https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Kakaako, Kailua, Pearlridge, Kapolei and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Store Manager at DTE Kaka'ako
We look forward to your application!