Down to Earth Kailua is offering a $500 hiring bonus —$250 paid after 3 months (passing orientation period) and $250 paid after 1 year (meets job evaluation or higher).
The Manager on Duty is responsible for store safety, customer service, operational performance, and the supervision of team members while on their shift.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- Exhibits high standards of ethics, honesty, trust, accountability & respect at all times.
- Exhibits good judgement and support for the Team and Management Team.
- Able to be friendly and helpful in dealing with customers and with a variety of situations and personalities.
- Good organizational skills as well as an ability to motivate and communicate effectively with staff.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well.
- At least two years of retail experience is preferred.
- Good knowledge of and familiarity with computers including Excel, Word, email, internet, etc.
- Good understanding of the Company’s inventory, pricing, purchasing and receiving processes preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership skills, is enthusiastic and exhibits a positive attitude.
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Pay Rate Up to $25.00 an hour, commensurate with experience and education.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
How to Apply
For any position, submit an electronic or paper application to your store(s) of interest. Please see our employment page for more details. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are located in Honolulu, Kakaako, Kailua, Pearlridge, Kapolei and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!" - Jashi D., Store Manager at DTE Kakaako.