March is Women’s History Month, nationally highlighting the contributions of women to events in history and society. This is a month for we women to treat ourselves! Treating yourself can be as simple as just taking some time to yourself, reading your favorite book, getting a facial or hair treatment, going on a picnic with friends, taking a walk, baking cookies, watching the sunset, taking a bubble bath (my fav.), taking a nap, or watching a movie.
Here are some recipes for homemade face and hair masks:
For Dry Skin
- 1 cucumber and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera. Blend until thick and leave on for 30 minutes.
- Half a ripe avocado and ¼ cup of honey. Mix together and leave on for 10- 15 minutes.
For Oily Skin
- Half a banana, ½ teaspoon honey, a couple drops of lemon juice. Mix until smooth and leave on for 20 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel.
For Dry Hair
- Coconut cream (this one is my favorite): Soften a handful of coconut cream and massage into your hair. Wrap you hair in a warm towel and leave on for about an hour.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons honey. Wrap your hair in a shower hat. Leave on for about 30 minutes.
- ½ cup strawberries. Blend together and strain seeds. Leave on for only 10 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon aloe vera. Mix everything and leave on for 20 minutes.