Honolulu: THE GAME CHANGERS Free Screening
Free admission, registration on eventbrite required due to limited seating. Please arrive by 5:45pm to check in.
Schedule is as follows:
- 6:00 PM - 6:05 PM: Introduction
- 6:05 PM - 8:00 PM: Movie
- 8:00 PM - 8:25 PM: Panel with special guests
- 8:25 PM - 8:30 PM: Closing
"The Game Changers" is a new film executive produced by James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Jackie Chan that documents the explosive rise of plant-based eating in professional sports, mixing real-time, groundbreaking science with cinematic stories of struggle and triumph. The film features some of the strongest, fastest and toughest athletes on the planet — and it’s backed by them too — with additional Executive Producers including Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton, top-ranked tennis player Novak Djokovic, and nine-time NBA All-Star Chris Paul.
Directed by Oscar®-winner Louie Psihoyos, "The Game Changers" follows the story of James Wilks — elite Special Forces trainer and winner of The Ultimate Fighter — as he travels the world on a quest for the truth about meat, protein, and strength. Showcasing elite athletes, special ops soldiers, and visionary scientists. Wilks’ journey exposes outdated myths about food that not only affect human performance but the health of the entire global population.
Please note: This movie is rated MA for mature audiences and contains strong language, sexual references, and brief bloody images.
- Yancy Medeiros is a plant-based MMA athlete of Filipino and Hawaiian descent, currently competing in the Welterweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- Maki Pitolo is a pro MMA athlete out of Hawaii and #11th ranked Pro Mens Welterweight in the United States. He is a part-time UFC athlete and full-time family man.
- Elijah Kala McShane is a plant-based bodybuilder, consciousness and cultural advocate, and health conscious kanaka sharing ike kupuna in life and beyond.
Self-paid parking (entry via Coyne St) for $4 or free parking at Down to Earth S King St (5 min walk, just one block away).
Shoes must be taken off at entrance.
Chair seating is limited and is on a first come, first served basis. There is also turf space available for sitting on the floor.
Need more info? Contact us at (808) 947-3249 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1110 University Avenue
Honolulu, HI, 96826