Fair Trade is a social movement that helps farmers and artisans in developing countries to get better trading terms and promote environmental sustainability. It advocates higher prices for them as well as higher social and environmental standards. It focuses on exports such as handicrafts, coffee, cocoa, sugar, tea, bananas, honey, and cotton, etc.
Fair Trade products help guarantee that the farmers and workers producing Fair Trade Certified goods are paid fair prices and wages. It helps ensure they work in safe conditions and receive community development funds to empower and uplift their communities as well as protect the environment. Fair Trade educates consumers and brings new manufacturers and retailers into the Fair Trade system. And, it provides farmers with tools, training and resources to help them succeed as international businesspeople. Through direct equitable trade, farming and working families are able to eat better, keep their kids in school, improve health and housing, and invest in the future. In this way, Fair Trade helps keep families, local economies, the natural environment, and the larger community strong today and for generations to come. Look for the Fair Trade USA logos:
Each Fair Trade product you choose supports:
- Long-term direct trading relationships
- Prompt payment of fair prices and wages
- No child, forced or otherwise exploited labor
- Workplace non-discrimination, gender equity and freedom of association
- Investment community development
- Environmental sustainability
- Traceability and transparency
- Safe working conditions and reasonable work hours
We are proud to support Fair Trade.
To learn more visit Fair Trade