IG Live Cooking Demo: Plant-Based Buttermilk Pancakes
Join us on Instagram Live on Friday, July 24th at 12:00pm to learn how to make a healthy and delicious delectable Plant-Based Buttermilk Pancakes.
- 2 cups flour of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons plant-based butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Maple syrup
- Optional: Fruit for garnish
- 2 cups plant milk
- 1-2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, baking soda, baking powder, coconut sugar, salt) and set aside.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with plant milk. Set aside to curdle.
- Warm up butter and applesauce in a pan over low heat, or in a microwave. Set aside.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Do not over mix! If the mixture is too thick, add more plant milk to thin it out.
- Lightly grease a pan and heat to medium. Scoop pancake batter and place onto with a measuring cup for consistency. Pancakes will be ready to flip once bubbles form and pop on the surface. Cook until golden brown and serve in a stack covered in maple syrup!
Shop Down to Earth online for groceries on the Mercato Online Shopping Platform
Sign up for our weekly email newsletter!
Healthy Food Made Right Here in Hawaii