Fries are the perfect side dish to wraps or veggie burgers. Lime juice and dill provide a bright flavor to compliment the slightly earthy beets.
- 2 beets, washed and peeled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425̊ (if allowing fries to marinade, skip this step until later).
- Cut beets in half. Place flat side face down on cutting board and cut ½ inch thick slices. Then cut ¼ inch thick strips from each slice.
- In a large bowl, toss fries in lime juice.
- Add garlic, nutritional yeast, dill, cumin, salt, and pepper. Toss again to coat fries in seasoning.
- Optional: transfer fries to a gallon size resealable bag and allow to marinade overnight. Once fries have marinated, preheat oven.
- Bake fries for 20-25 minutes, flip, then bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Remove fries from oven and allow to cool. Serve warm and enjoy!