- ½ cup minced onion
- 1-2 cloves minced or crushed fresh garlic
- ½ cup each finely chopped carrots, celery, parsnips and mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon each powdered sage, cumin and marjoram
- ¼ cup each brown, red, sweet and wild rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2-3 Tablespoons Nama Shoyu
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, carrots, parsnips and spices; sauté for 3-4 minutes and add the rices.
- Add the vegetable broth and salt, increase heat, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 40 minutes and add the cranberries on top; do not stir.
- Continue to cook on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the pecans and parsley; season to taste with Nama Shoyu and fresh cracked pepper. Enjoy!