Watch us prepare this recipe on KHON’s Living 808! Making tofu from chickpeas is a fun way to add some versatility to your diet.
Recipe Categories:Appetizers and SidesEntreesSnacks VeganGluten-Free Nut-FreeSoy-FreeEkahi Ornish Budget Friendly MealsQuick & Easy
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 9:21pm
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- In a saucepan, combine chickpea flour, water, garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Once mixture starts to thicken, transfer to a bowl or dish to mold.
- Refrigerate overnight to set.
- Once tofu has set, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut tofu into cubes and spread out across a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!