Chilled Cucumber Soup
Cucumbers are a classic detoxing ingredient. It’s naturally hydrating and akalizing properties are great for your skin, hair, and kidneys.
Yield:4 Small Servings
Updated: Tue, 04/03/2018 - 9:49pm
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 pear, cored and quartered
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chili oil (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves or basil leaves
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- 1 avocado, seeded
- ¼ - ½ cup water (optional)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- Hemp seeds (optional)
- Olive oil (optional)
- Combine chopped cucumbers, pears, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, chili oil, fresh herbs, and green onions in a blender. Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and add to the blender as well.
- Blend mixture until smooth. Add water if needed in order to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Pour soup into a large bowl, cover, and let chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes up to overnight. When ready to serve, pour soup into 4 serving bowls. Garnish soups with diced cucumbers, a sprinkle of hemp seeds and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!