This is a sugar-free homage to the delicious slaw they serve at Coconuts Café in Kihei, Maui.
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼-½ cup virgin olive oil, to taste
- Juice of 2 lemons or limes, to taste
- ½ a chili, to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, to taste
- ½” of ginger, peeled, to taste
- 5-7 pinches of stevia, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cabbage
- In a high powered blender, combine the tomato, bell pepper, oil, lemon juice, chili, garlic and ginger until smooth.
- Add the salt and stevia to taste. The dressing contains the five elements every dish “should have”– salty, sweet, bitter, spicy, and sour. Adjust this balance to your liking.
- Slice the cabbage into thin strips.
- Cover the cabbage with the dressing and serve. Enjoy!
- The dressing will keep for 3 days refrigerated.