- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced onions
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup black rice
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- 4 cup water
- 1-2 Tablespoons chili oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Heat sesame oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, ginger, and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add rice, vegetable stock, and water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for 1 – 1½ hours.
- Drizzle chili oil, toasted sesame oil, and soy sauce in congee and mix to combine.