Herb and Onion Nut Cheese
Fermenting a cashew nut and herb pate for 24 hours creates this tangy and wonderful vegan cheese.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh herbs or ½ tablespoon dried, parsley, sage rosemary and thyme, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup green onions, coarsely chopped including greens
- 1 Tablespoon yellow miso or ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place cashews and miso (or salt) in food processor and blend, scraping down sides until you have a fairly smooth consistency.
- Add onions and herbs to processor and blend until desired consistency, can be left chunky or well blended depending on your preference.
- Transfer mixture to glass jar no more than ¾ full.
- Place jar on counter or cabinet for approximately 24 hours. Cheese will expand and rise as it ferments.
- Taste after 24 hours, should have a tangy cheese taste.
- Store in the fridge. Enjoy!