Herb Roasted Potatoes
Home-style version of the popular Herb Roasted Potatoes Recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural Deli. Less than 10 ingredients and hardly any prep time required.
Updated: Fri, 07/24/2020 - 8:10am
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon spike
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- Peel your potatoes (or you can leave the skin on if you prefer) and cut into quarters. Place in a saucepan and fill with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Drain boiled potatoes and leave to cool for 10 to 20 minutes. This process allows the outside of the potato to dry, helping them get extra crispy and crunchy during roasting. You can skip this step if you don’t want them to be too crispy.
- Add all remaining seasoning ingredients except lemon and toss potatoes. Place in a baking dish and roast for 40 minutes, turning halfway to ensure they become evenly crispy.
- Squeeze lemon juice over potatoes and serve immediately.