- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons white miso
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, diced and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1-2 cups kim chee
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Prepare Cashew Queso: Combine cashews, vegetable broth, miso, and corn starch in a food processor or blender until very smooth and creamy. This may take a few minutes.
- While the cashew mixture is blending, heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Saute for a few minutes or until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Carefully transfer sautéed vegetables into cashew mixture in food processor. Add in cumin, chili pepper, and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté kim chee for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tortilla on the same skillet. Spread a generous amount of Cashew Queso: on top. Top with half of the kim chee, cabbage, carrots, and green onions. Drizzle a little more Cashew Queso: on top. Let brown for a couple of minutes then fold tortilla over in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas, kim chee, and vegetables.
- Refrigerate any remaining Cashew Queso: for up to a week. Cut quesadilla into slices to serve. Enjoy!