Raw Onion Rings
You can’t just eat one! These amazing onion rings are absolutely delicious! They do take a long time in the dehydrator, but prep time is quick and easy.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- 3 onions, thinly sliced into rings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Special equipment- Dehydrator
- Place sliced onions in a large bowl. Make sure onions are separated into individual rings.
- Pour olive oil over onions. Use your hands to gently help coat onions, being careful not to break rings.
- In another large bowl mix together all Coating ingredients.
- Taking a handful of onions at a time, gently place them in the Coating mixture and thoroughly coat onions. Place them on a dehydrator tray – try to spread onion rings out as much as possible but a little overlapping is ok.
- Continue process until all onions are coated – you may need 2-3 trays.
- Set dehydrator to 105° and let dehydrate for 48 hours until onion rings are crispy. Serve and enjoy!