- 1 whole garlic bulb/head
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cups water
- Zest & juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cous cous
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut tip off garlic bulb. Peel away the outer layers of the bulb's skins, leaving the individual cloves' skins intact. Place garlic bulb on a small sheet of foil and drizzle with olive oil. Seal foil and place in oven for 40 minutes.
- Let garlic cool, remove cloves from skin into a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Heat safflower oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until caramelized - about 5-7 minutes.
- Add mashed garlic, water, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Stir in cous cous, cover with a lid, and turn off heat.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Serve and enjoy!