This is an adaptation of Agua de Jamaica, a classic iced tea found in taquerias that is tart and refreshing a hot summer day. Cold-brewing helps eliminate some of the bitterness you might otherwise taste in hot-steeped herbal teas. And the cardamom, cinnamon, rose, honey, and lime add incredible fragrance.
Updated: Wed, 03/07/2018 - 12:29pm
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 quart water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-2 Tablespoons rosewater or orange blossom water
- 6 whole cardamom pods, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more slices for garnish
- Honey, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the honey, in a quart-sized pitcher. Refrigerate overnight or for 5-12 hours.
- If the honey is thick, dilute it with a bit of water and sweeten the batch of tea to taste. Serve and enjoy!