Jamaican Gingerade Recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural
- 1 cup peeled and sliced fresh ginger
- 2 vanilla beans or 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups filtered water + 10 cups
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 4”-5” ginger root cut into ½” chunks
- Place sliced ginger, vanilla beans (if using extract, add it with spices) and 2 cups filtered water in a blender. Process for 20 seconds.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer back into blender, reserving 2 Tablespoons ginger pulp.
- Add lemon juice, spices and agave nectar. Blend for 20 seconds.
- Transfer mixture into a large glass jar. Stir in 10 cups filtered water, reserved ginger pulp and ginger chunks.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!