Protein Dense Smoothie
Blueberries are full of antioxidants that safeguard your body against damaging free radicals. Also featured in this smoothie is maca, which is not as common blueberries but just as nutritionally powerful. This Peruvian root is full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients that can benefit the body in multiple ways. The nutrient density of Maca is due to its extreme surroundings in the high altitudes of the Peruvian Andes, growing where few other plants can survive.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1-2 Tablespoons maca powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup almond milk + more if needed
- Water (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon + more if desired
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine blueberries, maca, almond butter, flaxseeds and almond milk into a blender. Blend until smooth. If needed, add more almond milk or water to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Sprinkle in cinnamon and vanilla extract and blend again. Taste smoothie and add more cinnamon and/or vanilla extract as desired. Enjoy!