Gluten-Free Banana Date Cakes
These little cakes are virtuous enough for breakfast or a simple afternoon treat. Make a double batch and freeze for later!
Yield:12 - 16 cakes
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- 1½ cups mashed, very ripe bananas
- ½ cup natural almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ⅔ cup almond meal (almond flour)
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ - 1 cup chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350º and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine bananas, almond butter, coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth, and then set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together oats, almond meal, coconut, hempseeds, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the chopped dates.
- Use a ¼ cup measure to scoop out batter. Press into small, round cakes and lay gently onto baking sheet. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until tops and edges are golden. Cool on racks. Keeps for a few days in the fridge; leftovers can also be frozen.