- 1 cup short grain brown rice, soaked overnight
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ cups coconut milk (any variety) + more if needed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup ground almonds or almond flour
- 2-4 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Fresh fruit for garnish
- Drain and rinse brown rice. Add to a saucepan with almond milk, coconut milk and salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except sliced almond and fresh fruit) and let simmer half hour more, adding more coconut milk if rice is dry. Remove from heat.
- Rice Pudding can be served warm or cold. Before serving, garnish with sliced almonds and fresh chopped fruit. Enjoy!