This hearty and flavorful “sausage” can liven up breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 1 25 ounce can chickpeas
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon fennel
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ – ½ cayenne
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pulse in a food processor until broken down.
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl. Add garlic, paprika, fennel, parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in red wine vinegar.
- To make chickpea sausage patties: measure ¼ cup sausage mixture. Form into a patty and sauté until browned on both sides.
- To make chickpea sausage crumble: crumble mixture into a skillet. Sauté until starting to brown.
- Serve patties in a bun with vegan cheese to make a breakfast sandwich, or serve crumble on top of pasta. Enjoy!