Chocolate Overnight Oats
Many of us are too busy to whip up a nutritious breakfast early in the morning and rely on unhealthy convenience food or even skipping it altogether. This amazing recipe is super versatile and couldn’t be easier – simply combine milk and oats in a container, refrigerate overnight and you’ll have breakfast ready to go the next day!
Updated: Thu, 01/12/2017 - 9:07am
- 2 cups old fashrion rolled oats
- 2 cups milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder
- Honey or agave (optional)
- Chopped nuts, coconut, and/or chocolate as garnish (optional)
- Mix oats, milk, vanilla extract, and cocoa or cacao powder in a bowl. Stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight (at least 6-8 hours). You can also divide mixture into jars or smaller separate containers for easy organization.
- When ready to eat, top oats with a drizzle of honey or agave, chopped nuts and/or chocolate if you like. Serve and enjoy!