- 4 cups unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons tapioca flour
- ¾ teaspoon agar-agar powder
- ½ cup unflavored coconut yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
Required Equipment: You will need a theremometer and six half pint (8-ounce) canning jars - jars must include a band and lid. You can use your oven or a dehydrator.
- Add all jars and lids to a stockpot. Cover with water, and bring to a boil. Keep at a rapid boil for five minutes. Turn off heat, but leave jars in water until ready to use.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk 2 cups coconut milk with tapioca flour and agar powder. Heat on low until temperature reaches 180º, stirring constantly.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
- Whisk in remaining 2 cups coconut milk and put saucepan in cold water. Let cool to 115º, stirring constantly. Stir in yogurt and agave and whisk until smooth.
- Remove jars carefully from water using tongs. Pour mixture into sterilized jars and cover with lids and bands. Wrap jars in kitchen towels and place in the oven with the light on. Keep in oven for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, check your yogurt- it should be slightly tangy and noticeable thicker. If it does not seem tangy enough, keep in oven for another 6-10 hours. Once fully cultured, move to fridge. Before serving, add any extra sweeteners, jam, extracts, or fruits. Enjoy!