Vegan Chickpea Omelette
This is a simple and highly customize-able recipe for an epic vegan brunch or just a quick out-the-door breakfast. Store extra batter in the fridge for easy meal prep! This recipe was adapted from choosingchia.com.
Updated: Wed, 07/08/2020 - 9:12am
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups kale
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
NOTE - Feel free to get creative with filling ingredients. This is a great "clean-out-the-fridge" recipe!
- Combine the chickpea flour, ground flax seeds, baking powder, salt, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder and plant-based milk until smooth. Let this mixture rest while you prepare the filling.
- Sautee onions over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add kale, garlic, peas and mushrooms and sautee until the kale has wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a clean pan and use a measuring cup to pour consistent omelettes. Spread the batter evenly onto the pan and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Once batter is golden brown, add the filling on top and gently fold in half.