Acai & Berry Kanten
Kanten is a traditional Macrobiotic recipe made with agar, a seaweed powder that replaces gelatin in this jello-like dessert. This one features apples, berries, and acai.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- 1-2 cups fresh raspberries, blackberries or blueberries
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup pomegranate, cherry, or blueberry juice
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packs açai puree
- 2 Tablespoons agar powder
- Sprinkle berries evenly into bottom of a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- Add juice and açai to a medium saucepan. Warm mixture until açai melts. Sprinkle agar powder on top and whisk to combine. Bring liquid to a boil, then decrease heat and simmer for 15 minutes, whisking continuously and scraping the sides and bottoms periodically.
- Pour juice mixture into pan. Let cool slightly, then place in the fridge to cool completely, about one hour. Slice into pretty purple squares and enjoy!