- 1¼ cup vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup almond meal (almond flour)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fine turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla-flavored soy yogurt
- ⅔ cup vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- For the Almond Crème: Add almond milk and extract to a saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar, flour, cornstarch, and water until very smooth. Remove ½ cup warmed almond milk and whisk with cornstarch mixture. Add back to saucepan and stir until thickened, about 5-10 minutes. Pour into a glass bowl, cover with parchment paper, and chill for 4 hours or until set.
- For the Vanilla Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350º and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, coconut oil, yogurt, almond milk, vanilla, and vinegar until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Fill each muffin cup evenly, and bake for 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Tops should be just barely golden brown. Let cool five minutes in pan, then move to cooling racks.
- To fill cupcakes: fill a pastry bag with Almond Crème. Insert into top of cupcake and squeeze out 1 teaspoon filling into cupcake. Remove excess filling from top (if necessary), and spread some Vanilla Buttercream Frosting on top! Enjoy!