- ¾ cup tahini (sesame seed butter)
- ¾ cup Grade B maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup whole spelt flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together tahini, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In a separate, smaller bowl whisk together spelt flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Add chocolate chips and stir until there are no more dry spots.
- Scoop out batter in ¼ cup amounts, spacing evenly on baking sheets.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes or until just starting to brown on edges and bottoms.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!