- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk, light or full-fat
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Using a double boiler method, melt chocolate until smooth and pourable.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together melted chocolate, coconut oil, sugar, coconut milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir briskly to create a smooth batter. Fill muffin cups evenly, and tap the pan to settle the batter.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes. Let cool in the muffin pan for five minutes, then move to a cooling rack. Frost with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting or your favorite topping. Enjoy!