- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 portion egg substitute
- 2½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Lemon zest, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl beat together butter, honey and brown sugar.
- Add lemon zest, vanilla extract and egg replacer and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Form dough into 1½”-2” balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
- Let cool and transfer to a wire rack.
- In a bowl combine all Frosting ingredients except lemon zest. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Frost cookies and sprinkle with lemon zest. Enjoy!