- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup vegan margarine, room temperature
- ½ cup vegan shortening, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vanilla soy milk
Note: This dough must be refrigerated for a few hours before baking.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, corn starch, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk margarine, shortening and sugar until fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl, then whisk in vanilla and soy milk.
- Add flour mixture in batches and mix gently until soft dough is formed.
- Divide mixture into two parts. Flatten into 1" thick circles and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Flour a clean work surface and roll out dough to ½" thickness. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Gently lift shapes onto cookie sheet, leaving 1" between cookies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cookies are just starting to brown. Let cool on cookie sheets, then move to cooling racks. Let cool completely before decorating with Vanilla Icing. Enjoy!