- 4 Tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 Tablespoons liquid (water, coffee, soymilk)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup liquid coconut oil (or organic canola oil)
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (more if you like it spicy!)
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons raw sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whip the ground flax seeds with liquid of your choice, and set aside. The mixture should become very sticky and thick.
- In a separate bowl mix the sugar, oil and molasses. Add the flax mixture, and stir well.
Add all the dry ingredients, except the raw sugar. Stir until well mixed, with no dry spots.
- Scoop out Tablespoon-sized balls and dip in raw sugar if desired. Place on cookie sheets about 1-2" apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheets, then move to a cooling rack. Enjoy!