- 3 cups Bob Red Mill’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 sticks Earth Balance Butter, firmly cold
- 8 Tablespoons water, iced
- 2 pinches of salt
- 5 green apples, cored and sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Place Crust ingredients into a food processor and process until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Remove crust from processor and form into 2 equal size balls. Using a rolling pin, roll out 1 ball, large enough to cover a pie pan.
- Place in pie pan, cut off the edges that go over pan. Imprint with fork along edges and poke bottom with a fork.
- Bake pie crust for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add Filling ingredients into a large bowl and thoroughly combine.
- Place Filling mixture into pie.
- Roll out 2nd ball crust large enough to cover pie. Place over top and use your fingers or fork to pinch together the edges. Use a knife to make slits 5 or 6 slits on top of crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350º. Serve and enjoy!