Maple and Tahini Cookies
These cookies are incredibly easy, and so incredibly delicious. You can substitute almond butter or peanut butter for the tahini if you like. This makes two huge cookies.
Updated: Thu, 04/05/2018 - 8:10am
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons whole grain spelt flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk together tahini, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the spelt flour, baking soda, sea salt and chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Divide the dough into 2 even portions. Roll gently in your hands, and then flatten gently onto the baking sheet to about ½" thick.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until just starting to brown on the edges/bottoms. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes to firm up before moving them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!