- 2 cups chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup bread flour, sifted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pie shell (pre-baked)
- Place pecans on a cookie sheet and bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or until crisp and slightly browned.
- Whisk flour and sugar together until smooth.
- Bring water, butter and molasses to a boil.
- Add flour/sugar mixture and whisk vigorously. Cook over medium heat until thickened and clear, about 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add condensed milk and vanilla. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour filling into pre-baked pie shell and allow to cool and set before cutting.
- Enjoy with whipped cream or ice cream!