Raspberry Nice Cream w/ Pistachio Crumble
Tune in to KHON’s Living 808 segment on February 19th (4pm) to watch us prepare this recipe! Nice Cream is a fun twist on ice cream using whipped frozen bananas as a creamy cold base. Add any additional flavors to make your favorite scoop!
Updated: Tue, 09/08/2020 - 4:42pm
- 5 cups frozen sliced bananas
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ½ cup medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- For the nice cream: add frozen sliced bananas, frozen raspberries, medjool dates, and vanilla to a food processer or blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container. Store in the freezer for up to one month.
- For the crumble: in a skillet over medium heat, toast the pistachios and rolled oats until just starting to brown. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Once the pistachios and oats have cooled, add dark chocolate and cinnamon. Stir until the mixture is well combined.
- Scoop out a couple of scoops of nice cream into a bowl and top with pistachio crumble. Enjoy!