Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Cakes
A simple raw-inspired cake for any occasion! This one features hazelnut flour, caramelly dates, and a homemade chocolate ganache! This cake can also be made with almond flour.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- 1¼ cups Hazelnut flour (or 2 cups whole Hazelnuts)
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked 10 minutes
- 1-2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder (or vanilla extract)
Hazelnut Ganache Frosting
- 1 (3.5-oz) bar dark chocolate
- 3 Tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1-2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- Ground, toasted hazelnuts for garnish
Note: This can be made in muffin pans, tart pans, or in a square baking pan.
- If using whole hazelnuts, grind until fine in processor and then proceed with recipe; reserve some nuts for topping.
- Line bottom of baking pan with parchment paper or line muffin trays with paper liners.
- In a food processor, blend together hazelnut flour, dates, coconut oil, salt, and vanilla until combined. Divide evenly and press into pan of choice.
- To make Hazelnut Ganache Frosting: Bring two inches of water to boil in a small saucepan. Break chocolate into small pieces and add to a glass bowl. Place bowl over top of saucepan and let water simmer until chocolate melts completely. Carefully remove bowl from saucepan.
- Stir in milk, agave, and extract and whisk until very smooth– chocolate may clump slightly, but keep stirring until glossy. Spread evenly onto cake or use about 1 Tablespoon on small cakes. Garnish with reserved ground hazelnuts.
- Place cakes into fridge for a few hours to let ganache set. Enjoy cold or at room temperature. Keep any leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!