Raw "Key-Limansi" Pie
This refreshing dessert features Filipino limes, or calamansi, for a twist on a classic key lime pie. Adapted from the Blogilates lifestyle blog.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:59pm
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 6 medjool dates
- 6-8 large calamansi limes
- 2 large avocados
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
Optional for Pie Filling
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- zest 1-2 calamansi limes
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 package frozen or fresh berries
- Prepare Crust: Soak walnuts and dates in a small bowl of lukewarm water for at least one hour.
- Put walnuts and dates into a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Empty mixture into a 12-inch pie pan.
- Press mixture evenly in the pie pan using a spatula or your hands.
- Prepare Pie Filling: Slice calamansi in half and squeeze juice into a small bowl, using a fine strainer to collect calamansi pulp and seeds.
- Place calamansi juice, avocado, maple syrup, vanilla, tapioca starch(if using) and calamansi zest (if using) into blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour avocado mixture into the pan.
- Use a spatula to spread filling evenly in the pan.
- Gently tap the pan to even out the avocado mixture.
- Place pan in freezer to solidify for at least one hour.
- Prepare Toppings: Soak macadamia nuts in a small bowl of lukewarm water for at least one hour.
- Place macadamia nuts into a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Sprinkle pie with ground macadamia nuts and berries before serving. Enjoy!